Kinetic Health® and Rowan Tree Books Ltd. (and their imprints: Release Your Body, Ask Dr. Abelson, and Edgemont Chiropractic) hereafter referred to as Kinetic Health are family-run businesses that believe in treating their customers like family. We are deeply committed to protecting your privacy and security when you access Kinetic Health owned and operated Web sites.
We believe you have the right to know everything regarding the information we collect about you as you use Kinetic Health owned and operated Web sites...how this information benefits you...and how you can say "no" to the use of any of this information.
Public Forums and Your Privacy
Such postings will be seen by Website members and/or guests and third parties that are not related to Kinetic Health. What you write could be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes.
Links to Other Sites
Kinetic Health sites may, on occasion, contain links to other sites with information gathering practices different from our own. Visitors should consult privacy policies for all other sites as Kinetic Health has no control over information submitted to or collected by such third parties.
Kinetic Health sites sometimes offer contest, sweepstakes, or promotions sponsored or co-sponsored by third parties. These third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the contest, sweepstakes or promotion. Kinetic Health has no control over the third party sponsor's use of this information.
1. Consent for Collection, Use, and Disclosure
In certain circumstances, Kinetic Health may need to provide customer information in connection with an investigation of a breach of an agreement, contravention of laws, an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened, the collection of a debt or in compliance with the request of a law enforcement agency or a court order.
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with the Subject field containing the text " unsubscribe". Please note that, if you do, Kinetic Health may suspend its provision of products and services to you .
When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Kinetic Health product and you request a refund, then that guarantee will be honoured.
Kinetic Health collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain "personal information" (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software ( e.g. , IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Kinetic Health collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
1. to understand customer needs regarding Kinetic Health 's services;
2. to develop and provide our web site and our products and services for our customers;
3. to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
4. to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Kinetic Health and third parties;
5. to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Kinetic Health 's site;
6. to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Kinetic Health , its affiliates and third parties;
7. to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
8. to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
9. to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Kinetic Health site or any Kinetic Health product or service;
10. to protect the services, products or rights of Kinetic Health , including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Kinetic Health site; and
11. to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Kinetic Health 's site, products and services.
Kinetic Health also uses personal information in an aggregate form ( i.e. , not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
4. Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
Kinetic Health limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Kinetic Health does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
5. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Kinetic Health does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except :
1. to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes;
2. to Kinetic Health 's employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Kinetic Health 's behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
3. as necessary if Kinetic Health has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Kinetic Health 's rights or property, other users of Kinetic Health 's web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
4. to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Kinetic Health or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States , or in any other country in which Kinetic Health or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Kinetic Health will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Kinetic Health's compliance with any applicable law.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
Kinetic Health will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information.
Customers are responsible for informing Kinetic Health about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling 403-863-3516. Kinetic Health will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
7. Security Safeguards
Kinetic Health will use reasonable efforts to protect customers' personal information.
8. Access to Personal Information
Kinetic Health will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by calling 403-863-3516 , writing to:
Kinetic Health and Rowan Tree Books Ltd
123, 234 - 5149 Country Hills Blvd NW.
Calgary , Alberta , Canada
If Kinetic Health is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer's personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney-client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Kinetic Health as described above. Kinetic Health will promptly correct such personal information.
9. Rules for Submissions and Messages
Responsibility for what is posted in the discussion groups or other public forums lies with each user--you alone are responsible for the content of your messages, and the consequences of any such messages. We cannot and do not review every submission a user may make. We neither endorse nor guarantee the accuracy or propriety of any submission.
We do, however, reserve the right but do not assume the obligation to restrict or prohibit your use of our sites if we believe you are violating any of the terms of the agreement and to remove, edit, or relocate any submission as we see fit whether for legal or other reasons.
10. Member Conduct
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated.
This means that you , and not Kinetic Health, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit. Kinetic Health does not control the Content posted and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using a Kinetic Health site, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
You agree to not use the Kinetic Health sites in order to:
1. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. Harm minors in any way;
3. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Kinetic Health official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
5. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
6. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
7. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas of the Service that are designated for such purpose;
8. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. Interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to the Kinetic Health site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site;
10. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
11. "Stalk" or otherwise harass another;
12. Collect or store personal data about other users;
13. Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals.
14. Use your home page (or directory) as storage for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another home page
15. Engage in commercial activities without the express written consent of Kinetic Health, Inc. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- offering for sale any products or services;
- soliciting for advertisers or sponsors;
- conducting raffles or contests that require any type of entry fee;
- displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind, including those that are generated by banner or link exchange services
- Displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites.
You acknowledge that we acquire all Rights to use any posted materials as described above so that we do not violate any Rights you may have in materials you post.
By submitting your content to, or through our sites, you grant us the non-exclusive right to reproduce, modify and distribute it as we see fit in any medium and for any purpose in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
You also permit any other user to access, display, and print such content for personal use. You vouch that any material you submit does not violate, plagiarize or infringe upon the right of any third party, including copyright, trademark or proprietary rights. If non-original content is included in your posting, you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute it.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE IN ANY WAY – AND ARE, THEREBY, PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING THIS SITE. YOU MUST EXIT THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.